Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Encatada


Do you have a favorite word? Enchant or enchanted is one of mine. In Portuguese it would be 'encatada' - like magic it is said .....encatada....

I fell in love with the word due to a board game I played growing up: The Enchanted Forest. Keys, frogs with crowns, castles, dense and endless pines, sunbeams, bags of gold, rings...it was a great game and it always took me to another world, one that I wanted to be apart of. I could almost smell the pine needles on the damp forest floor.

I don't remember the last time I saw the game - my parents don't own it anymore. It was too worn out I suppose. Hmm.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you find that beautiful picture??

    -m-

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a book that i have had for years - it is my book of inspiration, of things that fill me with wonderment and passion - i have collected many pictures, paintings, dried flowers, photographs, sayings and whatnot while I was in high-school and college and this is one of the pictures in my book. one day i will share my book with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I knew who the artist is - I would by a print in a heartbeat. Silly me for not keeping that information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have looked for that game. They sell the old version on eBay. Maybe I'll get it for my birthday and we can play. It's expensive, though.

    ReplyDelete