Monday, January 14, 2008

This is what it is all about


This was my family for about two weeks in Kansas. We spent practically every day together from 8:30am until midnight, and we had a blast doing it! I miss them and it is odd to think that I may not see any of them again. Strange. We all have quite different backgrounds, but for two weeks we came together for one purpose. Now we have gone our separate ways, left to apply our knowledge that we have gained, into our individual situations. I wish them all the very best. CHeeRS!!!
(sometimes photoshop just doesn't do the trick)

This morning I received a phone call from Don, just to say thanks for my time in Kansas. This evening when I checked my inbox, this is what was waiting for me:

Hey Lorien, this is Kyle from the workshop. I just wanted to thank you for all your help during the workshop, I didn't get to tell you bye and thanks for everything. I really liked your input and the one on one time you spent with all of us and helped me through step by step on all my questions and critiques and I think it helped me so much more than I could have ever thought. I hope everything is well for you and thanks for making the workshop quite the experience.
Thanks,
- KA

This is what it is all about. This is what makes life good. This is why I breath. I don't share this to say 'Hey hey, look at me' - but rather to share an unexpected smile that came from a thanks I wasn't looking for. Now I only wish I would have done more. The Lord sure does know how to make a miserable day better. He has balanced this Monday out quite well, in various ways. A phone call, a card from Brasil, an email, and quiche for dinner. To shake the rest of the day - I am going for a run. Tchau.

No comments:

Post a Comment