Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Enya


One of my favorite voices is that of Enya. Clean, simple, pure, elegant and very non-egoistic. I believe I became familiar with her music first through my eldest sister....we roomed together for many years, eating a lot of fudge sickles along the way. :) Shephards Moon, Watermark - these were the first albums that I came to love. Then Memory of Trees and Paint the Sky with Stars.....
Probably another reason why I am taken with Enya, is that most of her music I can play somewhat decently on the piano. I do not own a piano, but my parents do. In the late afternoon, early evening - the big living room window faces west, taking in the final rays of that days sun. The room fills with golden tones and in this space the piano waits. (Also a couch awaits, which is a favorite napping spot for most. Deep cushions combined with the warmth of the sun surrounding you...a many great day-dreams were created in my mind as I would drift in and out of sleep, in and out...it was hard to get up) So yes - a wonderful place to move fingers across the black and whites.....
I was most naturally pleased when they used Enya for the closing song in LOTR...it completed the first film like no other could have. Enya is great for cleaning, thinking, working, and just to have playing softly in the backdrops of our lives. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment