Monday, January 07, 2008

Studio


I adore my class! Well, it's not my class, but nonetheless, I feel a certain responsibility for their ability to produce quality drawings, and for their overall experience here in Manhattan.

Today was such a fantastic day! I LOVE being in studio...everyone's energy was running well into midnight and ML had to kick us out of the building! I was having so much fun going from table to table, drawing to drawing, answering questions and showing techniques and tips and tricks - sharing my ideas and philosophies along the way.
I have not only been delighted in sharing my knowledge, but in soaking in ideas and experiences from those around me. Everyone has something to teach.

Jay, Kyle, Ashley, and Collin all attend the same university in Texas...yes, they are our Texans and we love them! Collin has a definite style that is electric and after showing Kyle some water-rendering techniques....he ran with what I taught him and made it his own. His water features are killers.

For many reasons I will be sad to leave Saturday morning, this is such a great group and we have become such great friends. It's amazing how much you can learn about a person's life in such a short time. We all have different backgrounds, and yet we have come together for this one purpose and soon we will go our separate ways. I have a feeling my ties won't end with them come the end of the week.

I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. Lorien, I love to read your posts. You are an amazing writer, among MANY, MANY other things. I have always wondered why some are blessed with so many talents and others are blessed with not so many. I hope you have a safe return from Kansas and got a lot out of the expreience. It sounds like a fun little adventure.
    -Amie

    ReplyDelete