Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Please, call me L'

Today has been consumed by preparations for the workshop which officially starts this evening. Brandon and I met ML at the studio this morning and worked until 1 or so....we went and grabbed some lunch (Chipotle) and then it was back to the studio. Since we had everything ready to go I was released and am now back in my room until 7:15 at which time we head back to the studio with all of the, hopefully eager minds excited to kill themselves over the next 12 days or so.

ML has a difficult time pronouncing my name correctly....every time it's something different. After correcting him a number of times I told him to please call me L'. It's simple; it works. Yeah - ML says my name is confusing and complicated, just like women. He asked me if I preferred to be a woman rather than a man.....yes. This all led to the topic of having kids (he being surprised at my virginity) and families and polygamy. Missions, no dating on missions, coffee, and drinking.

ML likes to hang on to topics.....he's one that doesn't let a subject go and will always refer back to it whenever possible. Besides the topic of religion - my status is of some importance and he is determined that I shall get a boyfriend out of this workshop....no thanks, I'll take my payment in another form.

Also in this Kansas story is Estella (niece of ML). She's from Thailand and is so sweet and has a most tender smile. (She's in her upper 20's and I am still not sure if it was impolite for me to ask) At lunch when ML was making some comment (more negative than positive)in regards to a Mormon. Estella, from underneath the table, placed her hand on my right thigh to show comfort in case I was feeling a bit picked on.

I think we shall become friends.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Mom and I enjoyed that one...have fun. It sounds like you are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was ZPQ by the way

    ReplyDelete