Thursday, January 17, 2008

scan, plot, ink


I first met the Hakes fall of '06. They became a client of NLD, (where I used to work) and I was assigned the project. May of '07 I left my position for another position, and the Hakes came with me. Alas - we are FINALLY, ALMOST done with their plans. There have been many drafts - changes are so consistent on this job and I have lost parts of the design that I loved, due to necessity and funds. And even though the 'final' drawings are almost deliverable....I am sure there will yet be changes! That's okay, I am generally a pretty patient person.

It's fun to see how a design evolves, if time is allowed. Usually I am needing to get a job in and out - but when you get to mull over it for a year plus it's fun to see what can come out of the woodwork. But not all designs need a year,(this particular design stayed pretty true to the first draft) - something fabulous can come out of 23 minutes of pencil to the paper...but remember there is a lot of reading, studying and experience and mistakes behind that pencil.

As I evaluate this plan there are some aspects that I might have reason to be concerned about. Size of the pool house being one. And usually it's nice to have a pool located closer to the home, rather than out in left field. Hot tub - even more so, especially on a cold winters eve...but a clients request also must be factored into the equation. Naturally.

Whew - I just have to scan this puppy, plot it, and ink it. Wahoo.

1 comment: