Monday, January 21, 2008

Dinner 101

Dinner 101: combine all leftovers in the fridge into a pan. Heat on stove until hot. Serve warm.

Well, it looks like I passed Dinner 101 with flying colors this evening! In the refrigerator I had a dish of cashew, coconut chicken that I had made Sunday for lunch, as well as a steak-chili-sun-dried tomato stew that I had made Sunday for dinner. Looking at the two, I couldn't decide which one I wanted to eat - none of them seemed to be screaming my name. (Good thing I suppose)

Hmmmm...what if I combined them? Seemed like a risk worth taking, and it certainly was! Very delicious - the cashews were incredible soft and the chicken that had been boiled in coconut milk still had a hint of the beloved flavor that conjures up Brazilian memories. Combined with the flavor of sun-dried tomatoes (which should bring a tear of joy to anyone) and the contrast of stew meat against the white chicken, it was pleasant, simply pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment