Saturday, October 02, 2010

1,290

I just got back from a comedy club downtown.  I laughed so hard that my right trapezoid will need some rubbing out and I'll have to get some waterproof mascara before the next show.

Good way to end the work week - even though I am working tomorrow...

Nutrition Action Newsletter is a publication that is all about health.  My grandmother was very keen on good foods and exercise, so as a Christmas present one year all of us grandkids received a subscription, which we ended up having for two years.  I perused them as the occasion granted itself...sometimes I have a hard time reading through publications that come in the mail.  Lots of interesting facts about broccoli, burgers, bones and bedtime.

One day one of the articles caught my eye:
"Baskin-Robbins strongly believes in our customers maintaining a balanced diet," says the company's Web site. "We hope you enjoy our treats together with a healthy diet and routine exercise."

How nice. Baskin-Robbins strongly believes in a balanced diet. That must be why it sells Oreo, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Snickers premium sundaes along with a new line of 31 [degrees] Belows. What better way to balance a healthy diet and ex Take the Oreo Premium Sundae.

Thanks to "3 scoops of our delicious Oreo Cookies 'n Cream ice cream layered with hot fudge and marshmallow, then topped with crushed Oreo cookie and whipped cream," it's got 1,290 calories and 33 grams of saturated fat. That's like eating three Quarter Pounders, except the burgers have "only" 21 grams of sat fat.
 
It was accompanied by this picture:




Soon an Oreo Premium Sundae was in my possession and I was happily and quickly consuming my 1,290 calories. 


And that's the power of advertising.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha. I'm laughing so hard I might have to take care of my trapezoid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. big time - and it wasn't even good!!

    ReplyDelete