Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hey

So there really hasn`t been much time to post.  We`ve been consistently on the go and since there`s not decent internet access from the Hotel, I digress.  But I am always writing in my head and wish I could take you along with me more often.  What I experience here continues to be amazing.

I have locked up my macbook and iphone.  I don`t want to look at them for as long as possible.  It`s been freeing and nice.  I also don`t carry a watch so I won`t worry about the time.

The weather is cooler here than I had expected, and I decided to leave a few items homes that would have been very useful.  O`well.  But this cooler weather will aid the fall leaves in their change.  We should be here for the transformation.  I will chase leaves until I see them in their array of wonderful hues.

I am loving my time here.  It`s different but the same as the past spring...I guess more of a continuation but deeper and fuller and more dimensional  The group of travelers I am with are definitely more my crowd.  David showed up a day late to the seminar.  He`s from Charleston but worked at the Chicago Botanic Gardens for 11 years before buying a design/build business.  We`ve become good friends and it`s nice to have someone who will wait for you while you try on a coat or look at colorful shoes - and will let you borrow their jacket when you are too cold.  I am so used to traveling solo and always doing my own thing.  It`s been a nice change to have someone to negotiate the streets with and do a little give and take.  A few of us, David and John (cosmetics/fragrance man) included, went to Pontocho last night and had a grand time.  Lots of Kampai.

I will try to write more, but I am not sure the possibilities of that.  Since I am spending more time with other people and places, my time with the computer has been given less priority.  I think once the seminar is done and I get to Kameoka, I will have more time to write. 

Kampai!

1 comment: