Saturday, October 23, 2010

In Seattle sitting on the plane. I selected the emergency seat row - so I have LOtS of leg room...WONDERFUL. But I am near the lavatory. Possibly too near.

I am exhausted and still haven't really thought about being in Japan. It's surreal with a twinge of strange. I slept 30 some odd minutes last night and remembered everything but my packet of maps and contact info for places and people, etc. I'll manage. :)

Numb brain, numb bones, numb heart....strange that I'll be there soon. But normal at the same time.

I like meeting new people and engaging in interesting conversation. But I hope the gentleman next to me just wants to sleep - nope.

And were off.

3 comments:

  1. Bummer - probably no time during the layover to throw a rock in the ocean! Next spring for sure. Have a great trip and be safe!! Can't wait to live it along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! We will anxiously await your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chatty flight companions - no thanks. My solution - a polite nod and a smile and then nose in the book. Bring it on, Japan!

    ReplyDelete