Saturday, October 09, 2010

+650cc


See that little card with the +650cc stamp on it?

That's my card.

I did it!!!!  I learned how to ride a motorcycle....shifting, swerving, stopping, weaving, riding over pieces of 2x4's, u turns, quase-figure 8's, T-CLOCS, slow-look-press-lean, SEE,...wow.

I learned on a 500, tested on a 500 for the -649 stamp then tested on a 883 and a 1200 for my +650 stamp.  HeaVY bikes those last ones were.  At least I thought they were, but they tell me I should go no lower than a 750...oh I don't know.

I have learned so much in the past four days and I AM TIRED.  Today was a long one...almost 11 hours.  But I am so pleased.  And it was so much fun.  I also got 100% on the written exam.

What's next?  Well, I take this nifty little card to the DMV, take the state written test and then get a little sticker, or whatever they put on your license to say 'I can legally ride a motorcycle!'  I still have much to learn and most of what needs to be learned will be done by experience and practice and more practice.  And more practice...until it is all gross muscle memory.  I hope to be able to fine-tune my skills and continue to learn proper technique until it is second nature.

Woohoo.

WooHoO!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Lor. WooHoo indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a marathan class! Eleven hours is intense stuff. Quite the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete