Thursday, October 21, 2010

test run

This is a test run.  A short video I made with my macbook to see how they post to my blog.  I might make some videos while in Japan, so I thought I should figure out how before I board the plane.  The drippy-faucet noise in the background?  Yeah, that my drippy faucet that really does exist.  It's been dripping for months.  Need to get that fixed.  And my walls aren't white - they are yellow.  But in the video they look white and I was nervous.  

 

*******

Today I sold my canary.  I was sad and my heart hurt when I had to finagle him into a brown lunch sack and staple it shut.  I did poke holes for ventilation.  Sometimes I make quick/definitive decisions.  Going to Japan being one of them.  Selling my bird, another, which I concretely decided this morning when I woke.  My life as it is right now is not conducive to owning a pet, even a low-maintenance bird.  I leave town sometimes.  Or the country.  Also, I am anti-apartment-smelling-like-animal.  He didn't make my place always smell like pet - but enough that sometimes when I came home that was the first thing I noticed.   Which really was my fault and not his.  I didn't have (or take, whatever) the time to make sure he had his daily bath and to change the paper tray one to two times a day.  The timing just wasn't right for us, I guess.
He's going to a home where there are other canaries.  A young man bought it for his mom for her birthday.  They came together to pick him up with some small kiddos in the back seat.  I met them out on the street.  I could tell she would love this bird, and that she would be around during the day to be more attentive than I was.  I will miss him - but I hope he's happier at his new home.   

5 comments:

  1. lorien! so good to hear from you.
    I loved your canary narrative. Now I miss your canary!!
    here's info my my camera! I use the nikon d3000. love it. it's sort of the entry level dslr. It's super high quality- but not crazy expensive. It doesn't do video- so a lot of people go one step up to get the one with video- the d5000. I just have the two basic lenses (18-55mm and a telephoto 55-200mm) but I'd like some more :) let me know if you have any more questions! you can message me on facebook or e-mail me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your bird. :( See you today if you have time to drop by. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what do you think about "Vaporize" and "The Ghost Inside"? Vaporize might be my favorite. Though I really do love the beat in "The High Road"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the video. You did it right on the first take. Got a big splash of your personality with that short film. Fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be surprised, that might win the short film Oscar. Think about what wardrobe and an acceptance speech. I'm just saying. :-)

    ReplyDelete