Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ward Choir


When I found out that one of the options for Sunday School was Ward Choir...I happily switched rooms.

I have never been in a real choir. You know, the kind where there are parts, and people can read parts and they actually sound good while singing those parts? Yeah - that kind of choir. (What other kind of choir is there? Side note: absolutely LOVE male tenor, nothing is quite as beautiful as a male voice singing tenor within a choir). I enjoy singing, but I do not have an amazing voice. I definitely do NOT, or cannot - vibrato - I am more of a simple-sounded singer - alto. But hey - what ward choir has try-outs, right?

Our first sacrament meeting showing was last week for Thanksgiving and now we are gearing up for the Christmas program. All I have to say is it's going to be AMAZING! We are 40+ strong (so far) and have such a fantastic director who is great at song and composition/arrangement selection. Many people in the choir have MUCH experience, including a handful of music majors - and some operatic people (not to mention a member of MOTAB). It's so fun to sing, especially at this time of year. And I feel rather lucky to be a part of this very talented group - even if my offering is small!

Oh hear the angels voices!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds great! I bet your choir sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday someone is probably going to make a movie about your choir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I am surprised there already isn't a movie out there about a ward choir....or is there??? Rose - it's you destiny!

    ReplyDelete