Saturday, December 13, 2008

FiNaLLY


It has really happened! I have been waiting for this moment for too long.

A ReaL bed.

[Singing from above, a light shines down]

I have been sleeping on blow-up mattresses, stacked up mattresses and whatever else I find to lie on for about...a year and a half. So I of course had to share this moment with y'all.


Kim, Kevin and my mom came to help me set it all up. Thank you Kevin! He provides me with muscle whenever I need it.


Now for the box springs.


Kim and I just had to see how delightful the mattress was and is.




Hee Hee ha hA hee.....hee. Sigh.


Now for the flat sheet.


Oh wait - the really, really soft blanket goes on before the flat-sheet.


It really is incredibly soft. See Kevin? Only admiration for the blanket.


"What is this Lorien?!? How many layers go on a bed and where do you go in all of this mess?"

"Well, it goes box springs, bed skirt, mattress, fitted sheet, low-profile soft blanket, me, high-profile plush blanket, flat sheet, feather comforter/duvet, then the comforter! Pretty simple really."

"Yeah. Sure."


Thanks for your help mom - and for the help of your drill. I am going to get one for my birthday! *Wink wink*

*************************************************************************************

Finally!!!

It's mostly put together now, just need some pillow shams (think I'll go European), some more throw pillows...maybe...you can over do it with throw pillows, so maybe no more throw pillows...and different curtains at the windows behind. Maybe stripes? Oh yes...how could I forget. A canopy. Light. Sheer. Feminine.

Good.

And don't forget a funky lamp on the nightstand. Just need one.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Lorien, the bed looks awesome! I'm glad you stayed with that spread. The bed skirt looks good too. I actually like the light curtains - I wondering if you should stay with sheer. I can't really see the curtain rods but if you took some more pictures I might could get a good look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are one classy, classie, lady! I don't even know how to spell it! You even have the eye to photograph. I wish I could make my bed look like that! Maybe someday when I am rich I will have you come decorate my house. I know you do the outside stuff but you obviously are talented with the indoors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be-e-a-utiful! Again, your last picture looks like a room in a home decor magazine. Quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful lorflor,
    I like its classical romance style

    ReplyDelete