Friday, December 05, 2008

Today I spent the afternoon on the campus of my Alma mater, Brigham Young University. I was the "Paula Abdul" for a panel discussion. They had three men fly in from Ohio and Michigan to talk about business in the green industry and since they needed the female factor - a woman who "runs a business" (yeah right) in the GI - I was the lucky pick. So I sat there in a seat a side these much more experienced men and answered questions from curious students as best I could. Smile. Free lunch. Fantastic. I do love meeting new people and associating with old friends - so it was the best of both worlds. I also was offered a teaching position at the University...night classes. I would start next fall and teach the PAS 103 course once a week. Wow - my own classroom! And with students even! That does get me a bit excited. I love to teach and share what I have learned and experienced.

Yesterday I received my first house-warming gift EVER. And I absolutely LOVE IT.

This here yellow squash goes so well in my kitchen and will go even better in a soup! Thank you so much Kara - you have no idea how happy I am to have received this from such a dear friend.

Now for a bird's eye view...

Just because I love it.

8 comments:

  1. hi Lorflor,
    nice to know your experience meet somebody new and teaching experience in your ex-university.
    congratulation too for the warming gift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching! I don't know what the class is but I already want to be one of your students! "Excuse me Ms H, will you please repeat that?" Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the teaching position! That is awesome! Good luck and let us all know how awesome you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you get to teach at BYU. I wish I was there to take your class and I know you'll be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the Amazings of this world, that would be you. It was fun to hang out with you today. Have fun at the symphony!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic pictures Lorien. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorien!!! a class?! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom - they're just pictures. Regular looking pictures

    ReplyDelete