Monday, December 29, 2008

Beija-flor


Beija-flor; Hummingbird. Beijar: to kiss. Flor: flower.

That was the nickname I was given on my mission by a sister in a ward while I was in my second area. I loved that area, but because of mishaps here and there - this particular member ended up - well, let's just say she didn't like me in the end. Thought I was all about numbers, and not so much about souls. Lovely.

My third time back to Brazil, I thought it so ridiculous that there was any kind of a riff between us - especially since I loved those people in that area so much! Therefore, I made it a point to visit her in her home and do some mending. And that I did.

We talked, we laughed, we ate. We became friends again. I was even offered to stay at her relatives place on the island of Noronha de Fernando next time I was down. I think it's about time to take her up on that offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment