Wednesday, December 03, 2008

See the Lights

I have taken up walking at night...last night was warmer than tonight.

Temple Square is always a draw this time of year - I love being surround by the display of color coming from all planes. The only complaint I have this year is that the rather large...very large cedar - that is usually wrapped all in red from head to toe, is not wrapped this year. BUT - we did get a nativity in the middle of the reflection pool.

It is beautiful.



The Holiday Season can be a bitter-sweet time of year...depending on the year and circumstances I suppose. This year is one of those.

A lot of what makes the holidays meaningful and magical is being able to share it with those you love most, and when they aren't around your heart aches and the glow from the candle becomes sad and melancholy like.

There is nothing quite like street music...I just absolutely love live street music. Bless their souls.

I walked Temple Square last year - at about this time...probably a little further into the month. It was colder anyway, and there was ice on the ground. Funny thing is, without realizing it, I wore the exact same shirt and scarf this evening as I did last year when I walked Temple Square! Remembering this took me back to last years walk, when I walked it with someone that I had hoped I would be with again this Christmas Season. And I am not. And with whom I had hoped I would be going to the symphony with this Saturday. And I am not. How ironic that I wore the same shirt tonight. Silly me.

I am designing a pineapple Christmas Tree this year! Note: the pineapple. Smiles.


Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Lorien! I hope that as the season goes on it becomes more sweat than bitter for you. You never know what this season might bring. I am sending you a Christmas card to your parents because I don't know the address to your wonderful new abode. I also wouldn't ever mind seeing you if you wonder up this way or if you mind if I drop by when I wonder down that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just read what I wrote and you know I ment sweet...right?

    ReplyDelete