Monday, December 08, 2008

aRT

I was going through my art portfolio the other day, which has works from when I was 7 up until 21. I really haven't done anything since then...almost 7 years - which is a l-on-g time. As I went through my portfolio I realized they were all a bunch of semi-decent studies...and no works. I think it's time for me to do some more studies so that I can create some works.

A few of my pieces...er, I mean studies...


A boot. Hello boot.

Hey Kara - remember when you moved my object and thought you ruined my life as an artist? Hee hee.



I always thought it would be fun to design and create stained glass windows...I wouldn't want this one in my house, but it's a start to a more promising something. This circle needs to rotate a few degrees...counter-clockwise. Buggin' me.





A Color study (kind of that stained glass look again)





Now for a handful of value studies...value study is very interesting.







Now for a little figure drawing, which I adored - but was never super great at. Maybe a few more years of practice and I could be decent.




This was a muscle study...of muscles I can't even remember the names to...



I love animals...especially African animals. I once had a whole sketch book full of animals of all types...and my teacher lost it!






And now for perhaps my favorite. I was in second grade...or was it first? I think this swan is angry? I wonder why?


I think I deserve a B average for these studies...minus my last one. That swan is definitely an A drawing.

7 comments:

  1. Those are great Lorien. I remember some of them but not all. I like how the tulips are bending backwards in the swan picture. I give you an A on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! And I love the swan too. I want to see any studies you do now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second I saw the boot I got happy. It instantly brought back a lot of great memories of you studiously drawing in good old 119. Yes, I remember almost ruining your artistic life. Sorry about that. :) I loved seeing the black and white triangle thingy - remember that one. And the baseball one and the garlic and onion. (Right?) Anyway, thanks for this post! It was fun for me to see your stuff again. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorien, I am going to take this as a commitment that you are going to open up that sketchbook again and so some stuff!!!! Those are great! You are a very talented artist, and it's time to get going again...don't you think? Kip and I will buy one of your works from you sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. you are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorien you are amazing! I remember a couple of those pictures. As soon as I saw the picture I said "hey Scotty that's my boot!" I remember when you drew that! That was some fun times! I can't believe how unbelievably talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have my copy of the baseball pic hanging in my baseball room! Still love it. I, too, have fond memories of 119 and viewing your genius firsthand.

    ReplyDelete