Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Notes

It is only by yielding to God that we can begin to realize His will for us. And if we truly trust God, why not yield to His loving omniscience? After all, He knows us and our possibilities much better than do we.
Neal A. Maxwell

That's not why I pray, Harry. I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God, it changes me.
C.S. Lewis in Shadowlands

Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us.
Thomas Paine

4 comments:

  1. Ditto, ditto and ditto!!!

    Love ya lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Elder Maxwell. He is so spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How quaint and fitting...thanks for being a light in the darkness Lorien! I have nothing but love for you...and always will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn - you are a star, come hang with me...

    ReplyDelete