Monday, August 04, 2008

adventuring

This late summer/fall I am all about adventuring. If any of the following items intrigue any of you blog readers...do tell. Let's go!

*Spend an early evening in the Salt Lake City Library reading the prologue to "A Death in the Family."
*Visit the Thanksgiving Point Gardens...they must be getting real good this time of year.
*Visit the Red Butte Gardens.
*Venture out to the Spiral Jetty and take a picture.
*Chase a rainbow.
*Sunday evenings in September, October and November the Cathedral of the Madeleine has organ performances open to the public. You have better believe that I am there. And they must have some choral performances sometime...which would be even more interesting to myself.
*Hike Ensign Peak.
*The Alpine Loop.
*Bake a Quiche.
*Visit the the Living Planet Aquarium.
*Look at the night sky through a telescope to locate a constellation that I have not yet discovered. Maybe build my own? Maybe not. Who has a telescope?
*Eat lunch on a RR track.
*Hike Stewart Falls.
*Watch Chariots of Fire...hullo...this should happen prior Olympics - or at least during.
*? Some adventures are just best on the fly...

5 comments:

  1. Hi LorFlor, I have a telescope. Come on over and enjoy! Tre is done with school today, bring her with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can wait until October, I am down for the hike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chariots of Fire....I'm totally watching it by Friday night! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara - you're on. It will have to be at the end of October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about our annual attempt at Timp? I was thinking yesterday that we can't miss that one this fall.

    What is the spiral jetty?

    It's been years since I read A Death In the Family. I still vividly remember crying my eyes out - I don't know that a group cry-in would be welcome at the public library.

    ReplyDelete