Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One should always be prepared to live out of ones car.

Case in point:

I am at work late tonight in PC. Therefore, I am just going to sleep here. One spot in 7 acres to choose from.

I have handy (as everyone should in their trunk):
A sleeping bag
A cushion to a folding chair that will now function as a pillow
A warm, way over-sized jacket from a friend that I was going to take to DI (No, I wasn't going to take my friend to DI - just the jacket...although some of my friends I might consider...)
Deodorant...hullo.
Toothbrush
and Toothpaste...that gets another hullo.
I-pod - although I won't be listening to it. I need to hear what's going on around me in case any moose decide it's a sleepover party or something. Besides - I AM IN NATURE! Laptop is still pushing it...can I go a day with out it? I look forward to the day.
A book, cause it's light enough to read...
Clorox wipes (my feet are happy!).
Lip gloss (my lips will be happy!).
A bunch of rainbow cloth torn into strips - I've tied them around my neck for warmth.
and a pretty good imagination if I want to seriously scare myself...but I'll get along just fine.

Things I WISH I had had handy:
A tarp - to put by bag on.
A guitar - cause it's light enough to play.
Make-up for the morrow? Naw - overrated. BESIDES...I have worked with these people up here for a good while now...we all know each other! But they are all men! you say. Yeah so? - they are all mostly married men! I say. And the few who aren't?... well ...
Good socks.
Something to eat in the morning.
A telescope.

Oh - and conveniently there is an "outhouse" on site for the time being. So hey! I am all taken care of. Hand sanitizer was even full!

4 comments:

  1. Lorien - what would your mother say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorien, don't pretend that this was an inconvience! I know you were probably loving every minutes of roughing it with your scarves and possible moose company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all - my mother would be like, "cool - have fun." right? and Secondly - the sprinklers came on at midnight - HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safety, Lorflor, safety. I think your mother would say cool - have fun if you were camping with friends.

    ReplyDelete