Friday, August 29, 2008

A few years ago...

"You two would be perfect for each other!"

Oh gosh, I had heard that before -

"I actually have three guys for you...one is a news reporter is AZ (But, I don't want to live in Arizona!), one is in the Navy (even better), and the other one is local, just your fit."

Oh great. I had had enough blind dates to last me the rest of the year (or my life) and really was not looking for any more, please. Just the phrase "blind date" puts me in a bad mood.

"Can I give them your email?"

"Sure." Why, why, why!?

Weeks go by. "Local Boy" emails.

We exchange a few emails.....he talks about himself, small talk for a bit - back and forth....never asking to meet up - or anything of the like.

Fine with me.

He then asks for my number. Okay. xxx.xxx.xxxx.

Shortly afterward I receive a text. (What is this?! We go from emailing to texting? What progress!)

I was unacceptably out of patience that day. (Rarely is that a good thing for me... regrets usually follow).

My phone works too. I text in reply - casting out a sardonic tone. (Hmm, that was rude of me).

Seconds pass and my phone starts ringing.

"Hello?"

*************************************************************************************

Okay - so no one ever told me he was mostly deaf! Boy did I feel stupid, low, and insensitive.

*************************************************************************************

We chatted for a little while, again - never setting something up - I think he might have mentioned getting ice cream, though. "I'm sorry, I can't eat ice cream." (Oh wow - I am sounding really lame by now. Please can I disappear?)

We never met. Comically enough.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lorien I feel for your pain. You are a sport to agree to any sort of set-up and should have been told that the guy couldn't hear well....

    ReplyDelete