Saturday, August 30, 2008

BRaZiLiaN FeSTiVaL 2008 - SLC

Today was the annual Utah Brazilian Festival. This year it was held at The Gateway in Salt Lake City. Food, various Brazilian trinkets for purchase, more food, Capoeira, live music and dancing. It was great fun. Blue, green and yellow was everywhere! Brazilians have such great homeland pride and they carry it with them all over the world!

On our way!


At the festival -


Kip and Bethany - both speakers and lovers of the enchanting language. Bethany claims Rio as her second home...I follow close behind.


I ran into a few friends...Simpkins being one of those!


Kids cooling off.




Who would have thought that I would have ran into my old MTC professor from Brasil. Dancing a little Samba - trying to dance a little Samba. Ha.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! Please let me know next time there is a Brazilian festival in Utah! I don't speak Portuguese but I'm pretty sure I would have a blast!

    ReplyDelete