Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tokyo

Tokyo is not Kyoto.

We haven't seen much of the city yet - but what we did see was pretty cool, I guess.  But really, I wasn't that impressed.  I am usually thrilled, enthralled and energized by big cities.  But for some reason I had no moment of 'oh wow... this is amazing!'  Maybe tomorrow.

I would never want to live in Tokyo.  Meh.

A few of us found a little Indian restaurant for dinner.  A little Indian restaurant.  There was no seating on the first floor with wooden spiral staircases leading up to a small room with two windows and a handful of tables.  It was the BEST naan I have ever eaten, ever.  With Bossa Nova playing over the system it was quite the enjoyable meal...in Tokyo, eating Indian, listen to Brazilian....is this really my life?

2 comments: