Wednesday, May 12, 2010

LAX: flight from SLC was uneventful. Exactly what one wants. The last three weeks have been anything but that. Long days. Long nights. Little sleep. Aaacckk.

Went to bed at 3:30am. Woke up an hour late. Suitcase too small. Running around in bathrobe with wet hair outside my chez...checking out the cellar for another luggage option. Negtive.
Stuff my stuff in a bag ad too small suitcase. Gloria and I drive to wal mart as it's the only place open with luggage. Buy luggage. While giving driving directions I am in the back re-packing. Make my flight. Sleep. Sushi for lunch.
Meet American in line at LAX. He has a bouquet of chocolate roses with a few sprigs of pussywillow. Going to Osaka to try to convince his fiancĂ© to leave her mom and come back with him. How sweet. He gives me Japan advice. Nice. Switched my middle seat to an aisle seat. Nice. Surrounded by a culture I have little experience with. We're all headed to Japan. It's going to be a different experience.

1 comment: