Friday, May 14, 2010

Kameoka

5:15  am and I am very much awake.  Tatami mats - I didn't think they would let me sleep in.  Maybe that's why the Japanese are so productive and known for their insane work hours.  They don't sleep in.

We are staying out in the country - in a very traditional Japanese house that is over 200 years old....could have been built in the 1700's.

I look out the window and see fields annd mountain and other traditional houses.

The toilet is still heated.  :)

Last night I was the only one here out of the group for a while so I got to help three local ladies in  the kitchen.  They prepared chicken and beef curry - and another side dish with bamboo, chicken, peas, etc.  It was fun and we had some good laughs at our lack of communication. 

I finally met Professor Hsu, he's awesome.  Three girls - the rest are guys.  That makes up the group.

There's a lot I would like to say.  BUt when I sit down to type my time is very limited - no time for thought or editing. 

People call me Lorien san.

I really like it herre.  It's going to be a good day - and we are going to see one of my favorite temples/garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment