Monday, March 31, 2008

Sheepishly-shy

It's always a nerve-racking experience for me to go visit a residence where a landscape that I designed has been installed. I get nervous.

This past summer I was invited to a dinner party where all who where involved in building the home were able to gather together to enjoy the finished product of their long, hard work. I had never been to such an event and felt like I had stepped into a different realm; a professional, classy, catered dinner party, out on the patio in the evening light and all. It was beautiful. I even bought a new shirt for the event...and shoes...pathetic I know.

I did take a good wander through the house (amazing), but my main concern, was of course, the landscape. I had developed the concept design, which included lots and lots of walls. Once the concepts were complete and approved, my boss drafted them in to AutoCAD and made some changes here and there, but the overall design stayed true to what I had originally drawn. I helped a bit with the planting scheme, and then the plans were off to the contractor for installation! Bite my nails.

The Belgard Paver booklet has always been a favorite of mine. I just love to look at pavers! Especially when applied on the floor plane. So when the '08 edition came out, I was rather sheepishly-shy to find this very project featured. (Like I said, I had designed in a lot of walls...there was a lot to retain!)


(A: It's better in person, and B: This is a first-year landscape, give it two more years and the walls won't be demanding so much attention. :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks good Lorien! Of course, I wouldn't expect any different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Lorien. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Lorien! And I think that for designing such a landscape you deserved a new pair of shoes. At least.

    ReplyDelete