Saturday, March 22, 2008

icecream, books, and Lent

I did it! Or rather...I didn't do it!


I resisted the most glorious icecream. I love Girl Scout Cookie icecream. And today I walked by temptation without giving in. Sometimes it's so hard. Many know that I shun the sugar because of a health condition...if it was for any other I reason (Lent?), I wouldn't have the self-discipline! And sometimes I still don't...which is why I was rather proud of myself today.

I love literature, I love books, I love text books, I love blank books, I love informational magazines that inform me of events and ideas and knowledge, other than the latest Hollywood break-up. I am a sucker for the bargain table at Barnes and Noble and I currently subscribe to five (5) magazines: Sunset Magazine, Martha Stewart Living, Horticulture Magazine, Architectural Digest, and the Country Garden edition of Better Homes and Gardens. Any other recommendations?

Sigh...when do I read all of this?

I knew I loved my major when I was one of two people who actually bought the text book. And of those who did buy it, I think I was the only one who kept it. I love it! It's a beast and it was pricey. But I love it.



So while I resist the icecream...I find that I make up for it in books and whatnot.

Lent of '09: Book buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment