Monday, March 03, 2008

Let's go to the Netherlands!


Okay - if that's not the greatest idea, then I don't know what is! This Bathtub Race is part of a fundraising campaign for Mama Cash, a women's rights organization. These women know how to rock the boat.

I have always wanted to get a large cardboard box, you know, the kind a refrigerator would come in, and with this cardboard box I could really have some fun. I would get three of them, and five friends. One to ring the doorbell, one to hit 'play' for the music, and three of us to be inside the cardboard boxes. The boxes would dance to the music on the front lawn.

Then we would run away. Maybe leave a plate of brownies or something.

I have been waiting years to do this, and maybe it would make a great activity to raise funds for a worthy cause, but I think that this bathtub thing is so much more brilliant! I wish I could have been on the committee when they came to this idea, it must have been a terrific brainstorming session.

Let's go to the Amsterdam!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lorien! I tracked you down via Leisy's blog. It's always fun to find friends on the internet! Drop by our spot sometime (I think you can just click on my name).

    Ryan Whitaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bathtub race as well. If you ever decided to go and participate, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete