Friday, March 14, 2008

Restless Friday; Styrofoam and City Streets

Today is Friday. It's 4:32 in the afternoon and I am restless.

I am not sure if it's that 'Friday restlessness' that occurs because it's the end of the work week or what. I don't really have a typical Monday through Friday schedule and rarely celebrate when Friday night rolls around because then you are free until Monday. It's more like work Monday through Saturday, and any and all hours of the day. Work, no work, work, whatever.

Nothing seems to be pulling me right now as I am in this restless state. I have plenty to do....designs waiting and whatnot. But I can't concentrate. A bit scatter-brained. So I made some biscuits. Wholewheat. Yes, I can eat biscuits because they do not have yeast. But I try to eat them minimally. Next week I am going to make a pizza with biscuit dough as the crust. Interesting.

Is wholewheat one word?

It's a grey day outside and it appears as if bit and pieces of styrofoam are falling from the sky. Surreal. I think my head is full of styrofoam.

I sat, maybe stood – and pondered. What could I do right now? Read...naw. Clean....hmmm. Run: check. Work...I should. Practice....already did that. I concluded that I needed a city. Because right now if I was in a city I would take a walk...up and down the streets, wander around the corner and then the next. Peer in windows. Just walk...walk around the city. That would be perfect. But I do not have a city per se, just some neighborhood streets and an industrial area that if I was to walk around in aimlessly, would probably, maybe - be a health hazard and not very exciting.

I need a place with some movement and energy.

So I will eat my biscuits, think of the city and get back to work.

And to you all, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment