Wednesday, February 06, 2008

HaPPY BiRTHDaY!!!


Stephanie is my sister just above me in the sibling line-up, and today - is her birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We shared rooms twice that I can remember while I was in grade school (separating our sides of the bed with our jeans, and separating our sides of the room with a sheet) and again when we were in college (we didn't need jeans or sheets then - we had grown out of that phase, well we still used them...just that we used them as they were meant to be used!). We are very different, but also, very much the same.

I have always admired Stephanie's strength. She is strong in many ways - physically, spiritually, emotionally...and she is able to share that strength with those around her. She's ambitious, spontaneous (and always tried to get us siblings to be as well), adventurous, thoughtful, open-minded...

One of my favorite memories is when we would go skiing together (I know, you are thinking, but you are NOT a skier...true, but when I did ski those 3 or 4 times, a couple of times it was with her - hee hee) We had a great time on the slopes, but the best part was our conversation. I had been home off a mission for about 4 months and was having a hard time. Being able to talk to someone really helped, and she was there.

Every once in a while I'll receive a card, a thoughtful card just to let me know she's thinking of me, and today was one of those days. On a day where she should be receiving all of the cards, she instead thought of me. And in an effort to cheer me up, she left a great card on the passenger seat as a pleasant surprise.

Three cheers to the birthday girl! I LoVe You!

No comments:

Post a Comment