Sunday, February 17, 2008

101

I was informed by an avid blogger that when one is about to accomplish the feat of publishing their 100th post, it is tradition to write “100 things about me.” That's a lot of things. I lost count. This is my 101th post, oops; hee hee...so

101 things about me:

1) I am allergic to cats, 2) I like cucumbers and 3) love beets, 4) my favorite color is green 5)My favorite vegetable combination is carrots and broccoli 6) In kindergarten I wanted to be a nurse when I grew up 7) I live with 15 plants 8) I look better in browns and off-whites than in blacks and stark-whites 9) I generally prefer diamonds over pearls, but 10) I do have a pearl that my dad gave me that I adore. 11) I am almost OCD about odd numbers 12) I like wind chimes and 13) want to build them someday. 14) I have lived in Brasil, 15) Ecuador, 16) Arizona, Idaho, and 17) watching movies in the theater is exciting, (although I only get around to it a couple of times a year). 18) I love water, whether to drink or to look at 19) I am dazzled by the night sky and 19) love to gaze at the mesmerizing moon out of my bedroom window. 20) I like dogs but 21) I don't know if I'll ever own one. 22) I have always been a fan of monkeys and 23) I am giddy about clean linens. 24) I am intrigued by Michael Faye, the man who walked across Africa, 25) I have used Crest whitening strips twice in my life, 26) I do not like cream puffs or liver, 27) I have four toothbrushes. 28) I have eaten shark, cow tongue 29) and cat food. 30) I have a fly rod with all the gear and 31) have caught only one fish with it. 32) I have a banjo that I 33) haven't played for awhile. 34) I love to camp and hike 35) I have felt the effects of tear-gas (riots in Ecuador...no I wasn't rioting...I was just trying be 'National Geographic On Assignment' and get some good shots). 36) I am desperate to get to Italy 37) I like to read 38) I prefer having a sunroof 39) I mostly really like it when someone orders my food for me 40) I can be very indecisive 41) I don't always have to be right 42) meeting new people is adventurous 43) I love going to the symphony 44) European architecture/style 45) Color is life....give me color 46) My next instrument is the mandolin 47) I would like to take violin lessons again, 48) skipping rocks or just making a splash. 49) The trunk of my car is still clean, 50) I like chess, BIG boggle and 51) speed scrabble 52) I tried learning Italian on my own..”io posso!” 53) I like graph paper 54) I like to people watch and 55) create lives for the people I watch 56) I am a day-dreamer 57) and a romantic 58) I like tall windows 59) and need natural light 60) I usually don't like how people plant their tulips 61) I abhor left-out milk, 62) I am fascinated by Rio de Janeiro and have 63) been there twice. 64) I played on the high-school drumline my senior year and 65) like softball belts 66) Sometimes I eat steak for breakfast 67) I don't like toll-painting or crafty items for my personal home décor 68) I am a believer in concert etiquette 69) fireworks make me happy 70) as do frogs but 71) I am NOT tough nor happy when it comes to spiders (once there was a spider at my apartment and I had to call my brother to drive over to kill it...ewk – can't deal with them) 72) I like to dance with my siblings and 73) they say I should make up moves that could be shown in public, 74) I am quite taken with Celtic music 75) I prefer brown over blond for a guy and 76) If I was to have a different hair color I would choose raven-black 77) Jungles and forests are captivating 78) and I always wanted my room to be a jungle when I was younger. 79) I haven't ever bungy-jumped and 80) never plan on it. 81) I have horrible motion sickness, 82) I love to laugh, even adore it 83) I like to see others laugh 84) I am fine with losing a game a chess 85) I prefer a canoe over a speedboat...most days, well – I take that back..either or. 86) I have been sailing on lake Sammamish and sea kayaking off the coast of Lopez island 87) I have two little girls named after me 88) I try to always learn 89) I am a sucker for the bargain book table at Barnes and Noble 90) I really like patterned tights and socks 91) Garden-grown tomatoes are the only way to go 92)Huckleberry picking in bear country is exciting 93) I traveled 14 hours just to drive a tractor 94) I have never been to a hockey game 95) I want to learn how to paint 96) Get a map - I love a good road trip 97) I don't really care for hard candies, like skittles and starbursts, and 97.5) cantaloupe makes my throat itchy 98) Taking naps in Central Park...ah...R&R&R&R&R&R. 99) Jeans and a hoodie = my favorite outfit 100) I once ate a whole loaf of bread in one sitting...and it was white. 101) on September 25th, 1991 I ran a mile in 13.57 and stated 'that's not a very good score'....

5 comments:

  1. That was very fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So just checking up on the dance moves that can be seen in public. I will be expecting to see some when I am home next! Which probable wont be for a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...By the by, just wanted to let you know you are the first blog I have ever commented on. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! That was really fun...I hope your mile has improved!

    z

    ReplyDelete
  5. cat food? Girl we gotta talk...love your guts!

    ReplyDelete