Monday, February 04, 2008

4:35AM

It is now 4:35am..... and I am - awake. I set a goal last week to start getting out of bed at 6:29, and I know, I know...today I overdid myself! Ha! I am generally a person who must have my 8 hours, case closed. So waking up after only 5 hours (and not all five hours were spent sleeping!) and not feeling the pressing need to crawl back under the covers, is a bit odd.
And I am not sure what to do next (hence I am blogging) I have thought of studying, reading poetry, grocery shopping, working,...I should add cleaning to this list but I won't. I did think of practicing my guitar or banjo, but I don't think the neighbors would appreciate it...

I close my eyes, and think about the day in front of me. (closing my eyes to imagine better than is) What if I could go anywhere and do anything? Today I would tour the far north-west regions of England, to the lake district! Rugged and scenic; rocks, cliffs and rolling hills; open green, so much green. My party would consist of close friends and family, and the days events would revolve around being charmed by nature, laughter, conversation, and flying kites. We would have a picnic of little sandwiches, naturally. And someone, at some point, would say that the maker of the sandwiches really is a gourmet. Who wants to go?

1 comment:

  1. I am in..as long as we all don't have to get up at such an infernal hour. (Please see Ambrose Pierce's definition of Dawn in the Devils Dictionary.)

    Zara PQ

    ReplyDelete