Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chicago Day 8: Monday II


Monday evening we drove to St. Josephs, Michigan, to watch the sunset.

It was a great way to spend my last evening in the Mid-West.

Tokens from the lake shore.




I heart coasts and very large lake shores that makes you feel like you are on the coast.
Lake Michigan suffices.  Most definitely.





Did I become obsessed with the sand and the way the lake left it's unique mark each time the water rolled in and out? 
No - not at all. 
Do I have more photos of lines in sand that you haven't seen?
Yes - absolutely.




One of my favorite reasons for being at a shore - lake or sea...is that it sweeps away all thought and I am, the sand is, the water is and we all just are.  It's a state of being that I seek for every once in a while.  It's a great feeling to have an empty brain.  And while many of you might say I do not need a shoreline to manifest an empty brain, I digress and say o'well. 



5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful pictures - I love the lines in the sand and I love your photography and your brain (or non-brain) and how it sees things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sand/line pictures look like a collection from an art exhibit -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. Love this post. Love the wide open spaces of water too. Are you back yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. Unfortunately and fortunately I am back! When are we cillin' yo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only are the sand pics lovely, but the caption is poetry. Really.

    ReplyDelete