Thursday, November 04, 2010

you can`t win `em all

I took the wrong number 5 bus.  And ended up in the completely opposite direction.  I was barely still on the map when I exited the bus, and found myself surrounded by overpasses, viaducts, darkness and nothingness.  Where am I?!  No where.

Oooops.

Hungry, I stopped into the nearest resturant that looked even remotely reputable.  After 5 minutes at the bar, I couldn`t take it anymore.  The horrible music playing over the system was not helping and I didn`t want Chinese food anyways.  I asked if I could have my sweet and sour pork to go.  Please.

After a costly cab ride, I ate my pork in the hotel lobby where the musak is even worse!  Dur.  Later that evening I ended up having a conversation with ...... where I did indeed need to remind him he is married and there will not be anything between us.  He`s not my type either way.  So the unexpected sub-plot of my Japan adventures should be over.

You live and you learn, right?  We`ll chalk last night up to experience.  Oh, the lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment