Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sure

I am sitting here waiting to blog about something.  I was going to write about how I am not that thrilled for the coming holidays, a trend in my life that started more or less two years ago - but who wants to read about that, especially the day before one of the main events?  I am supposed to make the yams.  I do like yams.  I should probably go buy the yams.

With snow on the ground and the temps in the teens my work has come to a halt.  Most people would be thrilled to have my yearly routine...not much work in the winter - time for reading, writing, painting, etc.  Whatever I want, right?  Never mind the no-making-money factor.  Well, I disappoint myself most everyday during the winter and it wears on me, but I haven't proven to really do much about it in the last several years.  I sleep in longer than I want to, I get ready for the day way too late, I take too long to make meals - if and when I eat, and then I don't do a whole lot of nothing else.  I try to hit the gym several days of the week to say at least I have done something.  Oh, I make plans, lots of plans, lots of paintings in my head - it's just that nothing materializes and I don't ski, snowboard and living alone I have no people energy and I am thinking maybe it would be nice to have roommates.  But that's not looking like an option at the moment.

My winters are full of potential and I just kill it over and over and over.  Like a broken record, baby.  Such a bad habit.  I am thinking, pathetic.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your sad song. Keep in mind, holidays are enjoyed by a very small percentage of the population.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the honesty. I'm not excited for the coming holidays either. Starting yesterday. They just remind me of too many ways my life is different and I don't like it. I like my every day routine. I'm good at that. We both are.

    ReplyDelete