Saturday, November 20, 2010

Missing Nihon

Today I am missing Nihon, and it is making for a somber me.  I opened the kitchen window so I could hear and feel the wind...the rusty sycamore leaves scraping across the asphalt drive below.  The kitchen is cool now and lit only by the hidden suns ambient light.  This is good.  I feel nature in me and I in it a little more, and that is Japan.

I am almost out of jet-lag....but sometime between 5 and 6 pm I start to nod, and my head wants a tatami mat and a buckwheat pillow to rest on.

I have had headaches since being back.  I don't know if my body is missing the food, the sleeping style, always being around people, or if it's related to the jet lag.  I think it's a combination of all the above.

Tonight I have a date.  He's an ex-marine sniper from Vietnam (yes, do the math), who is now a welder and builds custom motorcycles.  I do like older men, but I think I may have out done myself this time.  Sushi and bowling is the format.  It should be a good evening, and I hope to enjoy myself and get a really high bowling score.

4 comments:

  1. "He's an ex-marine sniper from Vietnam (yes, do the math), who is now a welder and builds custom motorcycles."

    Please do not describe this date right away! Just let me imagine all the possible scenarios of how it went. :) I beg you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a story coming on that could only happen to Lorien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, well, please post your bowling scores, I bet he tries to win. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a practical way to re-Americanize yourself, a soldier. Babyboomers can be fun, hope you had some.

    ReplyDelete