Wednesday, November 18, 2009

a warm meal

It's this time of year that I long for a hearth and a home cooked meal.  A warm meal.  Yum.

To end a day with a plate of hot food to warm the belly and to satisfy the brain is a wonderful thing during the winter months.  And nothing quite beats a hot meal that is prepared with TLC from the home kitchen.

This winter the evening meals that I would like to prepare are as follows: a creamy chicken pot pie, several varieties of delightful soups, pot roast with delicious vegetables, beef/steak stroganoff with a secret ingredient, awesome pot stickers, a loaf of bread that I will give away as I do not eat bread, stuffed peppers if I can find a real good recipe, Grandmas fried chicken (it's not what you are thinking at all - it's waaayyy better),  an authentic Indian curry.

It should be a good winter, culinary-wise anyways.  And I think when I turn 29 I should throw myself a "single shower."  I need better cookware - and since I am still single I don't have the benefit that most of my sisters and many friends did of having everyone else buy you pyrex, pots, pans, mixing bowls, spatulas and the likes just because you are getting married.  What about us?  What about me?  I still want and like to cook.  I still have to eat.  I still have to fill my kitchen cupboards with cool stuff.  I am still poor.  Dur.  Taxes and cookware.  Us single people really have it hard.  Do I hear an amen?  A shout out?

Hmmmm ... I think I just figured out what I may want for Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. So very true! Just let me know where you are registered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need a taste-tester . . . . !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on board - a singles shower it is - I just don't know who would could invite that wouldn't wonder if we have gone mad.

    ReplyDelete