Sunday, November 29, 2009

19, patience and gruyere cheese

In the past 10 years I have moved at least 19 times, the nineteenth time being this past week.  I have never stayed anywhere for longer than a year, except Brazil.  And while I only count that as one move to and one move back - I lived in four different places during my stay there.

I am tired of moving I think.  I think my siblings are even more tired of me moving.  "Here she goes again... the annual (or bi-annual) move..."

But I adore my new place emphatically and am abundantly happy here.  Indeed, I am one lucky gal and I welcome visitors.  And if we plan ahead, I will make you dinner. :)

***

I am trying to grow out my hair.  A test of patience and contentment.  I just had it cleaned up a few days ago - a necessity that makes it seem like it will take forever before I get it long again!  But I am learning to enjoy it through these different stages as it lengthens out each month.

***

I am allergic to most perfumes.  For some reason I refuse to remember this when I go out - as was the case last night.  I have a several fantastic Brazilian perfumes that I love - but I end up with an itchy throat and a few sneezes here and there, which in turn makes the evening less pleasant.  I need to further investigate this allergy and find a remedy.       

***

Having just moved into a new place - I will be spending the next several weeks/month deep cleaning until every corner and cranny is like new.  I love clean details.  The details make the difference.

***

I am going to the Messiah Sing-in this evening at Abravanel Hall.  Anyone who enjoys the Messiah, Christmas, singing, or to listen to others sing in an amazing way would LOVE to go to this annual event.  Check it out.

***

If I were to have any animal in my house right now, it would be a penguin.  I think they are fun and funny, and would make great company for a several hours as I would be entertained by watching it walk around.  Along with the penguin, I would have a polar bear over just so he could be lazy on my rug in the front room and I could cuddle up next to his white furry tummy in front of the fire...as long as he didn't eat me.  And he would invite a colorful parrot over that would ask if I had any gruyere cheese to snack on.

***

I do not have any gruyere cheese.

6 comments:

  1. We'll be there in two weeks!! Can't wait to see it! Hopefully you'll be around to visit. We'll be staying down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo! SOO excited to see you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the animals are a great idea. The only think I recommend is to NOT have the penguin and the polar bear there visiting at the same time. You could have a bad situation on your hands there. You moved?! If I could drive myself around I would make plans. Maybe you could have me and my handsome driver over sometime? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have found an abundantly happy landing place. Gotta have a real fire in that fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your next move is the North Pole (or is it the South?)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karagal - you are welcome ANYTIME as well as your handsome driver!

    ReplyDelete