Thursday, October 16, 2008

October


October has consumed me; has seeped into my bones and I have become saturated with these days of sober regard.

Today I declare October as my favorite month of the year. It battled June for a bit, but the colors and tones and rhythms of the 10th month won out in the very end.

From John Bradbury's writings back in the early 1800's comes this:
"About the beginning or middle of October the Indian Summer commences, and is immediately known by the change which takes place in the atmosphere ... the air is perfectly quiescent and all is stillness, as if nature, after her exertions during the summer, were now at rest."



Quiescent: A word for the wall.

3 comments:

  1. hi lorflor...
    october is really nice..
    I also like october, but perhaps the situation in my country different with your country..
    have a nice day,nice to meet you
    niar

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi again...
    may I add you in my link?
    cause I think that it's really interesting if I can read and follow your blog.
    thank you Lorflor.
    Keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, and I love the quote, and the picture, and the month...I've always thought October would be my birthday month after March, if I could choose.

    ReplyDelete