Monday, October 13, 2008

Enough

I have been feeling a bit inadequate as of late. An inadequacy that covers many areas - it rotates; ebbs and flows. The professional side of my life is no stranger here. "You don't know enough." "You don't get up early enough." "You don't work hard enough or efficiently enough...."

"You're not enough."

*Sigh; Weary*

***************************************************************************************

Enough is what I say to all of those not enoughs.

I thought for every devil we were supposed to get an angel.

And just as I sit here writing this, a quote comes to mind. A quote my father sent to me on October 9th via a text. "Please don't nag yourself with thoughts of failure...simply do what you can do, in the best way you know,..." ~ President Hinckley.

Thanks for being my angel dad.

4 comments:

  1. I often have similar struggles and it was the very worst on the mission where it turned into quite the handicap. For me the cure was being around those I love and who love me and know how great I am. :)

    So, just know, you're great and lots of people think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no apostrophe :)

    The only perfect person was/is Christ, and he's the one who makes our meager efforts "enough" ~ and sometimes they are very very meager, it's true.

    You do have angels around you.

    And that quote is right~ don't listen to those thoughts~ they aren't coming from the source of truth and light so ignore them.

    I know the truth ~ you are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making my internet time uplifting! I have a hero crush on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Lor! I have always looked up to you for what a stellar person you are. I hope my little Lor turns out exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete