Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Chicken Ceasar Salad.

So I should be watching or listening to the debate right now.

But I am becoming a regular.

I was listening to the debate - listening to them talk and talk about Joe the plumber, where they would cut spending, taxes, and how McCain thinks he can eliminate the deficit in 4 years. - and then I got hungry.

So I am becoming a regular.

Paradise Bakery...I have posted about this place before. It's a simple place where I like to eat. They serve simple food, like a roasted chicken caesar salad. Yum. A simple salad is one of my favorite ways to end a busy day.

It's not too crowded here - which is great. Cause then I can take a booth all to myself. Me and my laptop. And I can get internet and post on my blog. It's great, and water comes in a real cup instead of some paper thing. Makes one feel wanted.

It's good to be known at your favorite food places. And it's good to know those at your favorite food places. That's what being "a regular" is all about.

The guy who made my salad tonight, made my salad last week. Or was it this week? Anyway - last time, he grabbed a yellow dish to put my chicken ceasar salad in. "Uh, excuse me...can you put it in a blue bowl?" Quizzical response. "Please?" (I have this thing about the color of my plates and bowls and cups - sometimes it's obsessive). Tonight I didn't have to say a word! A blue bowl was appropriately selected. (I like to think it's because he remembered, but really I think it's because it was the next one in line. But I can still pretend, and he'll learn soon enough).

He works two jobs, one here at the bakery and the other is across the street at Jamba Juice. He has fixed schedules, so they never conflict. (His co-worker seemed a little envious of his fixed schedule). His favorite Jamba is Peanut Butter Mood - and he even figured out how to make it into a Butterfinger Jamba.....add carrot juice - as odd as that may seem, says he. It's been a long day for him, but he's still smiling and laughing and making great salads.

4 comments:

  1. Is this the same Paradise we went to a couple of months ago? If so - I love it, too! Rock on, tomato soup, whatever it's called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I like your blog. I hope you don't mind that I add this to my list. If so, pls tell me so I can remove it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nice blogger. I love read yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to try the salad and the bakery soon. I am glad you're enjoying fall and your trip to the zoo sounded fun. You're a great aunt!

    ReplyDelete