Monday, December 14, 2009

Spirit of the Season

Today was a great day - a fantastic Christmas-season day.  Were it not for the cheery holidays, December would have the potential of being a cold and cruel month indeed. 

But it is not - and I am happy for that.

Tonight was my ward Christmas Party.  The dress was semi-formal, and since I love getting ready to go out and to a party in heels - I was especially excited about tonight. 

Live jazz music throughout the evening, wonderful food and plenty of it, hundreds of people chatting and gabbing and laughing, goofy pictures being taken semi-professionally, and joining together in Christmas song is what the night centered around.  It was so much fun!

Part of Christmastime is about being surrounded by those you love and care for - and if possible...great food.  I am planning a couple of parties and planning on attending others this season just so I can be surrounded by those very people.

So here's three cheers for Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment