Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12 days of Christmas

So I know I have passed the official mark to start the 12 Days of Christmas, but I just had an idea that I am going to implement and I am inviting all of you to join with me.  Tra-la-la-la-laaa-la-la-la-la. 

It's going to be awesome.

A bit ago I was reading a post on me muthers blog about Dr. Jack McConnell.  I was very moved by his character and how he has chosen to live his life - by making a conscience effort to help others.  "And what have you done for someone today?"  This is what McConnells father would ask his family at suppertime around the dinner table (I am a big fan of families eating dinner together - it makes a difference).  And so McConnell was raised with the mentality that a part of life is daily helping others.

So for the remainder of the 12 Days of Christmas - I am going to start the day by asking, "And what will I do for someone today?" and I shall end the day with, "And what have I done for someone today?"  My twelve Days won't be dedicated to one individual, but to whomever needs help - and I am planning on these Days of Christmas to carry over in to a New Years resolution - join me on that one too!

Who's in?    

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Missed you guys this weekend. Sorry I couldn't come down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. Plus I won't count any things I would have done as part of my "regular" life. I have to go out of my way at least a teensy bit to do something I wouldn't ordinarily do. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete