Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Today

Today is Wednesday - and it's been a good day. The second half has become an organizational day - it seems like I've had a lot of those lately. But it's the fall time and the fall time is great organizational time. I have thrown out so much paper...ooopps - I should have recycled.

I have gone through all of my files and folders and receipts and even started getting ready for the tax season (Lyn - you would be so proud of me).

As I sit and thumb through my life, keeping parts of it and discarding other parts - I am accompanied by the Waking Ned Divine soundtrack. I just love Celtic music. Have I ever told you how much I love Celtic music? I love bagpipes, I love uilleann pipes, I love whistles and fiddles - and since I am a repeat person when it comes to tracks, I have listened to track 5 (Cursing in Heaven) about...too many times...and still, I am listening to it. It's probably best for me to organize alone. I think people would get tired of the same song over and over and over. But when you organize with people you have conversation...so that's different. Anyway - at the very end - the last 23 seconds absolutely takes me...and that's why I listen to it over and over and over...for those last... 23... seconds... Normally it's number 11 that's on repeat - An Angel Will Cry.

So now I have a pile of miscellaneous items that are sitting here to my right...what to do with them - I do not know. A red ribbon, a silver spoon, spf 30 sunscreen from Brazil, two composition books (one black and yellow, one black and white), a roller thing for clay, 2 dispensers of clear tape, a small black button, a leather change holder from Ecuador, another leather change holder from Poland, a butterfly patch, two white Apple stickers, a bookmark I made from flowers that I picked while hiking through the amazon, an invoice from Round Valley Surveys (paid), powdered facial tissues, a sticker for STRAND (18 miles of books...NYC), Benadryl Allergy pills, incense rings, an unlabeled CD, Elmer's glue, a card for my brother-in-law from his family (Kim?), plastic round things, a Preach My Gospel manual, a combination to a lock somewhere, a letter from Brazil, a card telling me how to take care of my Uggs, "There Is No Death," by Sarah Menet, an I Will Lead You dvd, last years planner that I love to look at (the cover that is), a plastic tray, a candle tray, stack of business cards, Sunday School study guide, structural drawings for a gazebo, my Grandmother's day planner from 2005, a small stack of lined paper showing all of the names that appear in the Book of Mormon chronologically and how they interact and relate to one another, and my old thought book...

...oh yeah - and my reminder to register my car (due back in August...that's another post...still trying to get that darn sticker).

Well - since typing this list, I am sure that I have lost half of you, and that you have now moved on to bigger and better blogs. And since re-reading this list, it seems that it shouldn't be that difficult to put all of these items in their proper place.

I'll start by tying the red ribbon in my hair...

2 comments:

  1. I have a couple of those piles in my "craft room" (ie. the room where everything gets stashed until I can find a home for it.) I never know what to do with all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, some of those things are mine I think! Well, the book, anyway. Unless it's mom's cause she has one too

    ReplyDelete