Sunday, November 30, 2008

Breaker breaker

This morning I tripped a breaker.

This girl was using too many appliances at one time...hee. Just trying to get the day going. I searched and searched for the electrical panel, inside and out. Not much luck. So I called my landlord.

Now, you see, I adore my landlord/lady - Cyd. She lives right across the street, and from the first moment I met her...I knew we were kindred spirits of sorts. Cyd has short, spunky red hair and the personality to go with it. She is so magnanimous and genuine and we really get along well, even if our interactions have been few.

A few days after meeting Cyd, I met her husband - Bill. Now Bill is a pirate to boot! For those of you who don't know...I am a pirate. (Probably my love of boots stems from this - recent purchases are the proof). I have several mates, and us pirates know other pirates when we meet one. Bill is one of these - long silver hair tied back in a pony-tail; misty blue eyes - like he's seen too many days out at sea, but still - is ready to set sail any day now. He walks and talks like a classy pirate...he just is pirate. He's fantastic and quickly became a favorite. We have an understanding with each other of kinship and loyalty - attributes that stem from days of yore. (ZPQ, you must meet Bill).

So Cyd came over to help - then Bill came over to solve the problem. "Just make sure you recycle both the switches if it happens again. On off on, on off on." "Okay, I will. Thank you."

Most of their year is spent here in Salt Lake City...come early spring they set sail and only return after having spent three months in India...learning this only confirmed my deductive reasoning of piracy. You should see the inside of their house! WOW - just absolutely enchanting, organized well, with all the right eclectic details collected over the years from various places around the world. Perfect.

"And don't run too many appliances at one time." "Okay, I won't - thanks again!"

*******************************************************************************


A drawing done by ZPQ's friend, Jessica Hymas - I claimed it as mine...for my brother Christian and myself - us pirates were born on the same day 11 years apart.

2 comments: