Saturday, November 29, 2008

Chicken and Mozart

Sitting here eating chicken and preparing to listen to Mozart by warming up with some Satie. Next weekend the Utah Symphony plays Mozart's Requim. So I thought, come Monday, I will purchase a ticket, then spend the remainder of the week listening to the three movements of Requim so as to prepare myself for the anticipated evening.

But for now I'll stick with Satie, and leave Mozart for Monday...such wonderful evening music the Gymnopedie's are...really puts me in the mood for sitting by the fire, nestled into an overstuffed armchair...with the flicker of flames and the soft glow of a lamp providing the only gift of light. Soft, rich and deep.

And I guess that's all I have to post this evening.

Goodnight. Pavane pour une infante defunte takes me away to sound slumber...


Mozart


Satie

6 comments:

  1. And I hope your slumber is sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was weird - where did Sally go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol - that is weird...and NO - my sleep was NOT sound...what's new?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what day are you going to the symphony? we are going sat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't decided yet - either friday or saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you guys already have tickets?

    ReplyDelete