Sunday, November 23, 2008

My New Place ~

This is what I get to come home to every evening. It's not a dog, or a bird, or better yet - a person...but it's a great front entrance to an apartment.

I am obsessed with natural light - and with windows facing east, south and west - I can't complain. Great trees line the street out front and charm is what surrounds me as I leave the house.

You are welcome anytime.



What welcomes me as I walk through the front door. I love detail.



Number 3! I adore odd numbers. So I feel right at home here.



Another small detail - I like the heat grates.



This small window greets me as I open the door to my apartment. I open it to hear the bells that sound from the Cathedral of the Madeleine. It's what I call my Bell Window.



My brother says that my place reminds him of France. My sister says that my place reminds her of New York. I think I like both of those comparisons.



So this is the door in my kitchen that opens to my Juliet balcony. Maybe this will do the trick!



Hmmmm...maybe I should start with the dress...

10 comments:

  1. Jared dares you to put the dress on and stand on your balcony calling for Romeo. :) I can't wait to see it! Hopefully we'll get down to SLC soon. Have a great time making it homey for the holidays. I love decorating for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take a picture for evidence ...:) - yes SO excited to decorate for the holidays. Skippy. I am getting a real tree - no other way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is YOUR PLACE!!! I love it. It should look smashing for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lorien! Your place is charming but you gave it quite the mystic with your photography skills! I guess you have another career waiting in your 9th life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful, with all the right details :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always fun to have a new place to call yours! And at the perfect time of year to make it look all festive! You could try the dress but I think that something a little more modern might go further;0) but hey I have been wrong...more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I know it's a blanket invitation, but next week - I'm coming over! So get ready for my call/text to arrange it. I'm not joking...I'll even think of a nice house warming gift. Maybe a "Vote for Nader" sticker to put in your front window. Those Avenues residents are pretty progressive! You want to blend in, or not. They are okay with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Lorflor,
    is it your new place? that's great...
    are you designed it by your self?
    it looks so comfort and shaded. Hope you can find much more inspiration there...

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I just LOVE your place! I love the detail and i love the windows. I hope some day to live a home with lots of charm and plenty of character just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place! It fits you in every way and I'm so glad you have a space to call your own. I would definitely love a tour sometime.

    ReplyDelete