Friday, June 20, 2008

A Friday Evening

"Can I buy you a drink?"

I looked over at the man seated a few barstools down.

"My water will do just fine, thanks."

Giving me a quizzical glance, he asked, "Do I know you from somewhere? You seem familiar."

"Um..."

Swinging my legs, I shrugged my shoulders.

................

"Do you date hockey players?"

Laughing, "No, never dated a hockey player. You play hockey?"

"NHL. Used to, anyway."

"Which team?"

"Toronto."

"Ah. Position?"

"Defense."

"I have only been to one hockey game. Are you from Park City?"

"All my adult life," He said as a smile graced his face.

10 minutes of small talk.

A lady walks in and sits down on the barstool in between the man and myself.

"This is my wife"

"Pleased to meet you."

More small talk about life and work and whatnot.

"Sir," the lady behind the counter said, "Your pizza is ready."

The man and his wife took their boxed pizza to go.

"Well," said the man turning towards me, "Now I know you from somewhere. Have a great weekend."

"Likewise. It was nice to meet you."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're posting again! I love your blog. It turns me into the fly on the wall I wish I was sometimes.

    ReplyDelete