Monday, December 10, 2007

stockings hung by the chimney with care


(NOTE THE LOVELY PENGUIN TO THE LOWER RIGHT...FUNNY)

I love fireplaces.....and I am glad that I grew up with glowing embers in the front room.
I love my parents house at Christmastime. Actually - I love it year-round...but more especially in December when the tree goes up, the lights, wreaths, bows and garland adorn the house and in most every room there is something of Christmas to be found. Somehow a GI Joe usually ends of riding one of the camels in the nativity set we have a top the piano - or in the tree. We usually have 2 or 3 hiding out somewhere.
I grew up decorating the tree to peanut M&M's, eggnog, Mannheim Steamroller, James Galway and Amy Grant mixed in with a little Harry Connick Jr.(when certain siblings would allow, which if they did it was with groans)
I also love a good white Christmas. I am a traditionalist in the sense that I don't understand why somebody would want to go to Hawaii for the 25th when they could stay right here in Utah. It seems that the odds of getting a white Christmas when I was younger were higher...they seem to be harder to come by these days. But hopefully this year we will be graced with a gleaming white blanket of snowflakes! And even though it may make for rough roads at times....I love snow in the valley, on the ground plane and on the rooftops.
And to top it all off - one needs a good portion of homemade wassail. I have a great recipe I will surely share - here in the next few days. My sister posted it on her blog, so I'll just copy and paste! CHeeRS!

1 comment:

  1. That is always a fun picture to see. That's a heck of a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete